Saturday, July 21, 2007

calling in the troops

Welcome Pater!

No, we're not in labor. (At least I'm not. I haven't checked with Michele in the last few minutes.) And no, we didn't rename the little guy Pater.

Pater is Michele's friend Sarah (Pate) Garcia who arrived in Portland today!

We thought it would be great to have Sarah come up for the next few days -- helping Michele get ready, having some fun, and just relaxing until the Big Day. Sarah is hoping Carter decides to make a break for it on Monday. (That works best into her schedule.) We'll see what we can do.

Until then, there are only so many walls you can paint, rooms you can clean, and projects you can finish. (I must say, our fridge looks extremely clean and our pantry is quite orderly.)

Keep praying, and stay posted.

4 comments:

Janine said...

Hi Michele, I'm here at Ruth and Santi's and I agree with Santi, WOW. Carter has done some growing since I was there! If the doc made comment on Carter's size, I'd be looking at 3 to 6 month clothes! Forget those newborn things. :) Get the name of the resturant quick. I went 3 weeks past my due date.
Love,
Janine

the fordices said...

Janine! Good to hear from you. Thanks for checkin' the blog. Yep, Carter really is growing!! I think we're going to go do some jogging.

The Arteagas said...

And Santi & I did want to add that we agree with Jay - Michele is ADORABLE!

Samantha Pate said...

I'm praying.....I would love an update. How's Mama andbaby today? Oh JAY, how are you?
Love you guys!!
Go for a walk:) It helps.
Love you,
Michelle